Transmitter Engineer Lead
Melbourne, FL 32940 US
We are on the lookout for a dynamic Lead Transmitter Engineering Specialist to lead our operations in transmitter technology, with a primary focus on ALCOR and MMW transmitters. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge of transmitter architecture and high voltage design techniques, along with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and implement design modifications. Additionally, the role entails leadership duties, project supervision, and a commitment to workplace safety. This position is based in the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands, and requires a willingness to work flexible hours as per project demands.
- Oversee technical aspects of ALCOR & MMW transmitters, including providing technical support, conducting failure analysis, and maintaining tracking and failure data.
- Lead design modifications and improvements of both transmitters, coordinating technicians and auxiliary staff for the installation of these design alterations.
- Manage maintenance of both transmitters and direct auxiliary personnel in performing these tasks.
- Execute high voltage tests and evaluations for MMW high power TWTs using the MMW HV Test Stand.
- Handle the procurement of ALCOR and MMW transmitter spares and replacement of obsolete parts.
- Provide technical advice to Systems Engineering and management on transmitter-related technical issues.
- Maintain and update transmitter documentation such as equipment schematics and manuals.
- Contribute to the safety program to ensure a secure work environment for all transmitter personnel.
- Prepare weekly reports on transmitter advancements and challenges for management.
- Liaise with tube vendors and other suppliers through email correspondence as needed.
- Assist in the performance assessment and development of junior engineers, technicians, and field engineers, occasionally assuming supervisory duties.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least five years of experience with radar transmitters, including high power RF measurement, high voltage troubleshooting, field installation, and testing.
- Proficiency in operating transmitter amplifiers such as Klystrons, TWT's, Vacuum Tubes, and transistor devices.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley hardware or similar process controllers.
- Familiarity with RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, Matlab software is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours or on weekends as needed.
- Willingness to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport and a DoD security clearance. Valid U.S. driver's license is a must.
- Wellness amenities: Access to on-base fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, beach, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and golf course.
- Financial perks: 401k savings program with company match, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, and business travel insurance.
- Work-life balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Diversity commitment: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Additional Contractual Information:
- The contract spans 10 years, having commenced on 12/31/2018.
- Relocation packages provided include 750lbs for single individuals and 3,000lbs for families. Airfare tickets are provided for both departure and return.
- An annual home leave allowance of $1,600 from Kwajalein Atoll to Hawaii, with an additional $2,000 for other expenses. Dependents receive similar benefits.
- Government housing and meals are provided for employees.
- Performance incentives and possible sign-on bonuses are available depending on the criticality of the position.
- Annual completion bonuses are offered: Year 1 - 5% of the annual salary, Year 2 - 10%, and Year 3 - 15%.
- Sign-on bonuses may be provided on a case-by-case basis, with the potential bonus being less than $10k based on the criticality of the position.
- Relocation assistance is provided for single individuals and families, and airfare tickets are provided for both departure and return.
- On-base amenities include a meal card for unaccompanied individuals, access to a grocery store, and transportation, typically via bicycle.
Please note: All engineer positions are "accompanied." The successful candidate must be willing and able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport, as well as a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization. Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
At our company, we value our employees' wellness and work-life balance and offer benefits such as access to on-base fitness centers, pool, beach, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and a golf course. We provide financial opportunities such as a 401k savings program with company match from day one, and various employee discount programs. We also offer tuition reimbursement programs and commit to diversity and strategic partnerships. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Join us and take your engineering career to new heights in a rewarding, diverse, and inclusive work environment!