Sr. Systems JIRA Developer
Huntsville, AL 35806 US
Join Our Collective of Bright Minds and Problem Solvers
We're all about the people—those who aren't afraid to bring their enthusiasm for technology and innovative solutions to the table. Our culture is built on three pillars: fierce determination, fearless integrity, and passionate service. We believe in fostering an environment of constant learning, where our team can develop, grow and achieve their personal career ambitions.
We're interested in:
Tech-savvy individuals passionate about their work,
Problem-solvers adept at handling challenging technical business scenarios,
Those with an insatiable desire to learn and grow.
Step into the world of the Army Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC), the cornerstone of aviation and missile technologies research, development, and engineering for the Army. Here, your contributions will play a crucial part in delivering responsive and cost-effective solutions that keep the Army at the forefront of technological advancement—today and tomorrow.
Please note: AvMC roles allow for flexible work arrangements depending on the requirements of our clients.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Contribute to the AvMC CIO/G6 Service Center’s (ASC) services by developing and maintaining Atlassian Jira.
- Develop plugins and automation workflows, design dashboards, and expand Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence module capabilities.
- Test and update software, configure custom fields, create preset filters, and debug system logs to identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with the Jira project administrator and manage project migrations across multiple environments, keeping them synchronized.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, make strategic systems recommendations, and manage work effectively.
- Monitor and report systems metrics, conduct capacity planning, performance testing, and tuning.
- Uphold cybersecurity regulations, ensuring systems remain secure and available.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of prior experience with JIRA in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Atlassian Confluence software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Active Security+ CE Certification or equivalent or higher.
- US Secret Clearance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Meet our CEO, Chris Wanitshka. Hard work and dedication have always been driving forces for Chris. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in sociology from Stetson University. Leveraging his ability to create strategic partnerships and with over a decade of experience, Wanitshka revived two staffing companies, delivering multimillion-dollar growth and building a large book of business as a Business Development Executive. In 2020, he launched X-Force, specializing in executive and high-impact candidates for simulation, aviation, gaming, and high-tech companies.
Outside work, he has a very active lifestyle as an avid snowboarder, mountain bike enthusiast, scuba diver, Muay Thai Martial Artist/former competitive kickboxer, and muscle car aficionado.