Sr Software Engineer
Tulsa, OK 74012 US
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer specialized in Aircraft Simulation. This role involves understanding complex hardware systems, upgrading existing code to C++, and contributing to the development of innovative aircraft cockpit simulation software. A background in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering is desired, with relevant work experience in the Flight Simulation or aircraft Avionics industry. If you possess a keen eye for systems engineering processes, proficiency in a variety of programming languages, and can adapt to a hybrid work schedule, we would love to hear from you.
As an Aircraft Simulation Software Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to comprehend intricate hardware systems and enhance the current code base to C++.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, coupled with software development experience.
- Proven track record with 5-8 years in Software Development within the Flight Simulation or Aircraft Avionics industry.
- Familiarity with Linux OS, particularly Realtime Linux, is a must.
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming is mandatory; knowledge of C# and Python is beneficial. The ability to handle C/C++ embedded real-time application development will be crucial for this role.
- Prior exposure to ADA and FORTRAN programming languages will be appreciated.
- Comprehensive understanding of systems engineering processes, encompassing requirements analysis, system architecture definition, design, and system verification testing.
- The role is based in Tulsa. A hybrid work schedule is possible with some work being done remotely.
- Possessing an active US DoD Security Clearance is highly desirable; however, candidates must be eligible to acquire a US DoD Security Clearance.
- To qualify for a US DOD Security Clearance, candidates must be a US person, have a clean criminal record, be free from drug use (even if medically permitted), have no significant foreign ties or holdings, and demonstrate fiscal and emotional stability.