Huntsville, AL 35810 US
We're on the hunt for a seasoned Software Engineer to guide the evolution of our existing RTS software products. The ideal candidate will bring together their profound technical knowledge and innovative approach to ensure the flawless integration, verification, and validation of new software versions. They will utilize their problem-solving skills to prevent code degradation, upgrade systems, and fix crucial software bugs, contributing towards the improvement and maintenance of our software projects.
• Oversee software engineering tasks to launch, probe, design, execute, and assess software engineering solutions on our existing RTS software products.
• Collaborate with various teams, including Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, Configuration Management, and Test Operations, to ensure seamless integration and validation of new software versions.
• Provide support to all RTS software products, including Optics, Radar, Telemetry sensors, and Space Surveillance Software, assisting the Department of Defense.
• Generate Static Code Analysis reports; address and rectify significant cyber vulnerabilities as required.
• Contribute to RTS's technical projects and missions, providing necessary software and technical support.
• Lead internal software Issue Review Boards (IRBs) to evaluate all incoming problem reports and feature requests.
• Profound understanding and expertise in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts (Preferably C++ or Java).
• Extensive knowledge of Red Hat Linux / Unix Operating System.
• Competency with Version Control software using SVN or GIT-based products.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage tasks efficiently.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in implementing or upgrading C++ Boost libraries, basic system administration, use of static code analyzing products like Fortify, and basic relational database queries (preferred).
• Capability to operate within a fast-paced, dynamic environment under time constraints.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, STEM discipline, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering (preferred).
• Minimum of two years of experience as a Software Engineer in a software development environment.
• Two or more years of experience with OOP software development (Preferably C++ or Java).
• Proven ability to apply object-oriented programming knowledge to complex software architectures on the Linux platform.
• Experience contributing to complex project proposals within specified time constraints involving multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to obtain Security+, CySA+, GICSP, or similar certification meeting DoD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01 baseline certification for IAT Level II prior to employment start date and maintain certification thereafter.
• Obtain a CE (Computer Environment) Linux+, Server+ or similar certification meeting DoD 8140.01/ DoD 8570.01 baseline certification for IAT Level II within 3 months after employment start date and maintain certification thereafter.
• Full COVID-19 vaccination required (exceptions on a case-by-case basis for medical or religious accommodations).
• Flexibility to occasionally work non-duty hours or weekends to accommodate specific project or mission requirements.
• Ability to secure and sustain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, including U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
• Financial Rewards: Comprehensive 401k savings plan with company match and vesting from the first day, a range of employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance, and more.
• Balanced Work-Life: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement and flexible work schedules.
• Equality and Diversity: We're committed to fostering an inclusive workplace with a focus on diversity and strategic partnerships.