Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer III
Kwajkey, Marshall Islands 32940 US
As an Advanced RF Engineer, you'll play a critical role in the operation, maintenance, and technical support for our high-frequency radar systems. You'll be working with cutting-edge technology, driving innovative design modifications and ensuring the reliability of our RF systems. A career with us opens a gateway to opportunities for personal and professional growth in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Handle operational, maintenance, and technical aspects of ALCOR (C-band) and MMW (Ka-band) radar RF systems
- Contribute to design enhancements and upgrades for both ALCOR & MMW systems, including schematic development and directing the implementation by technical teams
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance tasks on RF systems, instructing technicians and assistants for efficient execution
- Conduct thorough testing and failure analysis of RF systems, designing and implementing preventive strategies for future incidents
- Update and maintain RF system documentation such as equipment schematics and manuals, ensuring that changes adhere to engineering specifications
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient understanding of RF architecture fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of transmitter amplifiers operations, including Klystrons, Travelling Wave Tubes (TWT's), Vacuum Tubes, and transistor devices
- Proficient in handling high frequency/high power, RF and millimeter wave electronic equipment with RF calibration to perform complex measurements
- Familiar with coaxial and waveguide RF switching, radar protective and T/R switches, analog and digital control hardware, RFI shielding practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Understanding of safety considerations associated with high power RF and X-radiation environments
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- At least two years of experience in RF and/or Radar domain, with experience in field installation, testing, calibration, troubleshooting, design and development engineering, project management, and mission operations
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley hardware and software is a plus
- Physical capability to work at heights up to 50 feet
- Willingness to work outside normal hours or during weekends as per project or mission needs
- Ability to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
- Must comply with the Republic of Marshall Islands' health regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination requirements or medical exemptions
- Valid U.S. passport
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which necessitates U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Access to on-site amenities including fitness centers, beach access, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and golf course
- Financial perks such as 401k savings program with company match, employee discount programs, life and business travel insurance
- Work/life balance benefits including tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules
- Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and strategic partnerships
- Contract Duration: 10 years, starting from 12/31/2018
- Relocation: Accommodation provided for singles and families (750lbs single, 3,000lbs for family). No storage.
- Travel: Round trip airfare provided.
- Paid Leave: Annual home leave with a stipend.
- Housing: Government-provided.
- Meals: Meal card provided for unaccompanied individuals.
- Transportation: Personal transportation (not provided) within the island.
- Bonus: Annual completion bonus and potential sign-on bonus depending on the criticality of the position.
In recognition of your contributions, we offer annual performance bonuses. The bonus increases with each year of service - Year 1 offers a bonus of 5% of your annual salary, Year 2 offers 10%, and Year 3 offers 15%.
Depending on the need of the role, a sign-on bonus may be available and typically would be less than $10,000.
Relocation & Living Arrangements
This position requires relocation to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands. We provide relocation support for both single individuals and families (750lbs for singles, 3,000lbs for families). However, please note that storage facilities are not available.
For your convenience, government-provided housing is available. For unaccompanied individuals, a meal card is offered, enabling you to enjoy three meals a day. Accompanied individuals can avail of the grocery store facilities on the island.
Travel and Leave
We value your need for rest and connection with your roots. As such, we offer annual home leave with a stipend to cover your travel and other expenses. You will receive a stipend of $1,600 from Kwaj to HI, and an additional $2,000 for other expenses. For dependents (up to 4), a stipend of $1,600 from Kwaj to HI and $1,500 for other expenses is provided. Round trip airfare tickets are also taken care of by the company.
While the company doesn't provide personal transportation, getting around the island is usually done by bicycle.