Columbia, TN 38401 US
We are on the hunt for a meticulous and skilled Painter and Finisher to join our dynamic manufacturing team. This role is pivotal in ensuring the highest quality of our products through detailed preparation, painting, and finishing processes. If you have a keen eye for detail, a passion for quality craftsmanship, and a desire to contribute to a team that values innovation and efficiency, we invite you to apply.
- Prepare surfaces for painting, including cleaning, sanding, and masking, to ensure a flawless finish.
- Mix and apply paints and primers to various substrates, with a focus on acrylics, achieving precise specifications.
- Handle both minor and major subassemblies and small detail parts, applying meticulous attention to ensure the highest quality.
- Conduct layout and additional masking as needed, strip paint, and prepare surfaces for repainting.
- Execute miscellaneous paint operations, perform touch-ups, and apply decals with precision.
- Maintain accurate samples, records, and conduct tape tests to ensure quality.
- Balance products using a light meter within a dark room to meet exact lighting specifications.
- Uphold a clean and organized work area, adhering to company protocols for safety, 5S, and Lean Initiatives.
- Perform quality control inspections to maintain product standards.
- Read and understand work instructions, drawings, and parts lists to ensure accurate execution of tasks.
- Conduct simple equipment maintenance and care, including proper respirator maintenance and operation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or one year+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in wet coating of plastic parts is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills.
- High energy and a positive attitude.
- Proven work ethic and integrity.
- Flexibility to work effectively within a small, motivated team.
- Ability to see and distinguish colors accurately.
- Proficiency in using spray guns and cleanly masking intricate areas of small parts.
- Excellent communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Meet our CEO, Chris Wanitshka. Hard work and dedication have always been driving forces for Chris. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in sociology from Stetson University. Leveraging his ability to create strategic partnerships and with over a decade of experience, Wanitshka revived two staffing companies, delivering multimillion-dollar growth and building a large book of business as a Business Development Executive. In 2020, he launched X-Force, specializing in executive and high-impact candidates for simulation, aviation, gaming, and high-tech companies.
Outside work, he has a very active lifestyle as an avid snowboarder, mountain bike enthusiast, scuba diver, Muay Thai Martial Artist/former competitive kickboxer, and muscle car aficionado.