Mid-Level Systems JIRA Developer
Huntsville, AL 35806 US
Our team is deeply committed to serving our clients by providing them with advanced technical solutions that address their unique business needs. We collaborate with clients, team members, subject matter experts, technical leaders, and partners to develop effective strategies that address pressing issues faced by significant government and business organizations. As a member of our esteemed Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC) team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic group of technologists dedicated to implementing innovative business solutions using emerging technologies, backed by proven, successful methodologies.
Join Our Squad:
We are on a mission to find talented individuals who have a fervor for technology and are excited about applying it to deliver innovative results. We are defined by "tenacious determination, unyielding integrity, and zealous service." We firmly believe that our people are the cornerstone of our success, which is why we encourage and facilitate continuous learning, allowing our team members to grow and reach their personal career goals.
Are You What We're Looking For?
- Intelligent individuals with a passion for technology
- Professionals who can solve complex technical business problems
- Self-guided individuals
- Individuals with an insatiable desire to continually learn and grow
We are currently looking to employ a professional specialized in JIRA System Administration to support our Enterprise IT Support Services at the Army Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC), Redstone Arsenal. AvMC is a key component of the Army's mission to provide research, development, and engineering technology and services for aviation and missile platforms across the weapons systems life cycle. AvMC’s mission is to “deliver collaborative and innovative aviation and missile capabilities for responsive and cost-effective research, development, and life cycle engineering solutions," equipping the Warfighter with leading-edge technology.
Note: AvMC positions may include a mix of remote and on-site support at the discretion of the customer.
As our new JIRA System Administration professional, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the AvMC CIO/G6 Service Center’s services through the development and maintenance of Atlassian Jira.
- Developing and maintaining automation workflows and plugins to extend JIRA Software, associated Jira Service Management and Confluence module capabilities.
- Configuring custom fields, creating preset filters for Agile boards or Dashboards, keeping Confluence and JIRA software updated.
- Assisting G6 Directorate teams by customizing JIRA/Confluence tools to meet their team needs.
- Coordinating with G6 customers and Info Service Leads for the testing and deployment of customer projects across multiple environments.
- Processing service requests for JIRA/Confluence assistance from G6 Arsenal employees through the AvMC Service Desk portal.
- Coordinating specialized JIRA integration; debugging Atlassian-jira.log, Catalina.log, and other logs to determine issues and recommend solutions.
- Providing strategic systems recommendations for future releases and reporting metrics across the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Eight (8) years of prior JIRA experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Atlassian Confluence software
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Active Security+ CE Certification or equivalent or higher
- US Secret Clearance
Join us on this exciting journey to transform technical challenges into innovative solutions. Your expertise can help us shape the future of technology and its application in business and government organizations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Meet our CEO, Chris Wanitshka. Hard work and dedication have always been driving forces for Chris. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in sociology from Stetson University. Leveraging his ability to create strategic partnerships and with over a decade of experience, Wanitshka revived two staffing companies, delivering multimillion-dollar growth and building a large book of business as a Business Development Executive. In 2020, he launched X-Force, specializing in executive and high-impact candidates for simulation, aviation, gaming, and high-tech companies.
Outside work, he has a very active lifestyle as an avid snowboarder, mountain bike enthusiast, scuba diver, Muay Thai Martial Artist/former competitive kickboxer, and muscle car aficionado.