Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA 93437 US
Welcome to the launch pad of your professional journey! In our commitment to protect national interests, we operate, maintain, and uphold mission-critical systems. Our focus is on ensuring safe and efficient launch, testing, and tracking of a range of space vehicles, covering civil, commercial, and international space lift vehicles. We are instrumental in facilitating ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations. Moreover, we support space situational awareness operations and experiments. This wide spectrum of operations is driven by our primary goal - maintaining the safety and security of the United States.
As a part of our dynamic team, you will collaborate with talented and innovative individuals who take immense pride in their contributions to the mission and delivering top-tier solutions. If you have a penchant for working in an energetic environment and aspire to play a part in the global space gateway, this could be the career opportunity you've been waiting for!
The role is based at Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA, and does not support remote work.
• Manage Western Range (WR) airspace and air assets for daily tasking, pre-launch tests, and aeronautical tests • Communicate with Test Conductors and range instrumentation, such as telemetry or metric radars, Air Force and other government representatives, to aid in resolving conflicts between support elements and range resources during pre-launch operational testing • Execute positive aircraft vectoring, air intercept control operations, and general airspace surveillance • Support WR launch operations in the AF-certified Duty Air Controller, Air Controller, and Surface-Air-Surveillance operator roles • Carry out additional tasks including log keeping, scheduling range assets, and troubleshooting operational issues
Qualifications and Skills:
• Proficiency in solving geometric position problems • Strong verbal communication skills • Capability to interpret requirements and translate them into actionable plans
• An Associate's degree, a two-year college or technical school certificate, or equivalent education and experience in Aviation Management
• At least three years of air controller experience and/or training • Expertise in controlling aircraft for diverse tasks supporting Aerial Surveillance missions • Experience with an automated Air Control and Surveillance System in a military environment • Completion of a USAF Air Weapons Controller/Air Weapons Manager or USN Air Intercept Controllers Course or equivalent
• Willingness to work outside of normal hours or during weekends to meet specific requirements • Must secure and retain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization • A valid U.S. Driver's License is necessary
Why Join Us:
We provide an invigorating work environment that offers professionally rewarding career opportunities and personal growth. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package from the first day, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and holiday pay, and a retirement savings plan with immediate company match and vesting. Additional benefits include flexible scheduling and access to on-base fitness centers and recreational facilities. We are dedicated to achieving a balanced work-life culture while fostering a diverse and evolving community.